2.2m Fife - 2.2m green installation in Fife. November 2015
Equinox 120 Pro Fluorite ED APO Refractor
Fantastic 120mm Fluorite ED APO Refractor
Skywatcher Equinox-120 Pro Fluorite ED APO Refractor
Sky-Watcher is pleased to introduce a Special Edition of their renowned ED refractors. The same First-Class optics as the Evostar-ED PRO models are now housed in tube assemblies of even higher quality. The tubes are Precision CNC machined hard Anodized and feature superb rotatable, tension adjustable Dual-Speed Crayford focusers and Retractable Dewshields.
These are exceptionally high Performance telescopes for Planetary and Widefield Deep-sky observations as well as Astrophotography and CCD imaging. Additionally, these telescopes provide outstanding results for Birdwatching and general terrestrial use.
Whether your interests are primarily Visual Astronomy, Astrophotography or Birdwatching, the Sky-Watcher Equinox ED APO refractors will satisfy and exceed the most demanding requirements. Whether used as viewing instruments or telephoto lenses, they are unsurpassed for mechanics, portability and quality of image.
First-Class Optics Built with two-element multi-coated air-spaced objectives, the second element is made of the highest grade extra-low dispersion (ED) Japanese FPL-53 fluorite glass.
Extra-low Dispersion glass allows the optical designer to virtually eliminate chromatic aberration (false color fringing around bright objects), which results in higher resolution and superior contrast in the images. Each objective lens is finished by hand by skilled opticians and the quality of each telescope is monitored by means of a Ronchi test and an artificial star test. No effort is spared to reach optimal optical quality.
- Technical specs:
- 120mm f/900 FLUORITE ED APOCHROMATIC REFRACTOR
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x360
- Objective Lens Diameter: 120mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 900mm (f/7.5)
- Supplied without Eyepieces, Finderscope and Star Diagonal
- Dual-Speed 11:1 Backlash-Free 2" Crayford Focuser with adjustable focus-tension & 360 degree Rotatable
- 2" to 1.25" Eyepiece adaptor (with Brass Compression Rings)
- Retractable Dewshield (with aluminium cap)
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- Standard Dovedail mounting bar and rings
- Foam-Lined Aluminium Carrying/Storage Case